If you're about to carry out a Pen-Testing or red teaming exercise, imagine if:
- You could avoid the overheads associated with contracting a third-party to deliver a cyber range that is expensive and non-bespoke.
- You could first practice executing that attack sequence in a safe place.
- You could add your own labs, specific to your organisation.
This webinar will show you how to do just that.
In this webinar, Kevin Cardwell, Computer Security Architect and author for computer forensics and hacking courses, outlines the process and steps that allow someone to create their own layered network architecture and build their own range that can be used for practicing defensive techniques, offensive skills or even to build their own Capture The Flag (CTF) environment.
This process has been used to create CTFs for DEFCON, Hacker Halted and Showmecon. The presentation is an introduction to the process used in his instructors’ book: “Building Virtual Pen testing Labs for Advanced Penetration Testing.”
Who Should Attend?
- Everyone at the top level from the CISO, CIO, and CTO to the VP of Finance and Operations.
- Anyone involved in a SOC.
- Anyone from IT involved at the security level.
- All Pen-Testers will benefit from this session.
- Kevin Cardwell is an internationally recognized cybersecurity expert who provides consulting services to companies and governments around the globe.
- He’s an instructor, technical editor, and author for computer forensics and hacking courses.
- He headed the team that built the U.S. Navy Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC).
- He created three courses on CYRIN including Cyber Skills Foundation, Essential Defense and Advanced Defense.
- Kevin has been a frequent speaker at many well-known conferences such as Black Hat USA, Hacker Halted, ISSA and TakeDownCon.
CYRIN® is a next-generation cyber range platform featuring real tools, real attacks, and real scenarios that provides hands-on training and experience for IT Engineers and Cyber Security Defenders. CYRIN® provides access to the cloud and offers students, trainers, educators and corporate cyber defenders maximum flexibility and scalability to improve their skills in a realistic, virtual sandboxed environment. CYRIN can be accessed through almost any browser, no special software is required.
Learn more >>