Please enter your details below
Join Roger Knowles, QA's Senior Technical Learning Specialist - End User Applications for this fantastic free session where he will impart some of his expertise on key Excel functions.
This webinar will take you through one of Excel's popular commands, Data Validation. Roger will demonstrate some best practices and tips that might change the way you work with Data Validation.
Data Validation allows you to control a value and set rules to control entry. The most used feature with Data Validation is to set a drop down list of allowed entries.
• Setting Validation rules against numbers
• Controlling an Input Message and Error Message for broken rules
• Allowing and highlighting values that break Data Validation rules
• Setting a rule to control Dates with an Excel Function
• Setting a rule to control entries with a VLookup Function for alternate settings
• Generate a case sensitive drop down list
• Generate a list controlled by users from existing cells
• Adding entries to a list to be shown automatically in your validation lists
• Finding cells that have Validation to edit or delete
This webinar is aimed at people with some or little experience of using Data Validation, although new users to this topic will also see the potential. If you are new to Data Validation, then learn to use methods for controlling the values you type in Excel.
About the speaker
Roger Knowles, QA's Senior Technical Learning Specialist - End User Applications
Note: Your organisation licence agreement with Microsoft may not allow you to use these at work. However, if your organisation upgrades and rolls out new versions of MS Office then these functions may become available